Re: Building alphaOS from source

Postby simargl » 05 Jun 2014, 14:24

smil99 wrote:In

Code: Select all

/mnt/home/data/spkg/packages/install/mnt/home/data/spkg/def-scripts/04_devel
folder, there is a "linux-api-headers" which contains a "def" file and I get

Package NaME Is Not Valid
when I try to compile. Can you please point out to me in which folder I have to excute the compile command?
Thanks.

04_devel should not be there, linux-api-headers and other need to be in directory /mnt/home/data/spkg/packages/install/mnt/home/data/spkg/def-scripts

smil99
Proficient

Postby smil99 » 08 Jun 2014, 00:22

Hi Sim, thanks for your assistance so far. Unfortunately, I still get stuck at step 2.2 where one has to compile linux-api-headers
with

spkg -c linux-api-headers
command :(
Can you please let me know where (that is, in which folder) one has to use above command?

Step 2.1 says:
Now copy spkg directory to chroot because it is needed to install spkg package manager inside chroot before you could start compiling. As before install it with:
CODE: SELECT ALL
make install

Do you mean one has to copy folder /root/alphaos/spkg to /mnt/home/data/spkg/packages/install?

Also step 2.2 says:
Now change to alphaos/def-scripts and copy all directories from 00_linux, 01_core and 04_devel to /mnt/home/data/spkg/def-scripts inside chroot. This folder should be there, already created by chroot_build script. Now everything is done inside chroot.

Do you mean one has to copy only the directories found in the mentioned folders to /mnt/home/data/spkg/packages/install/mnt/home/data/spkg/def-scripts? Attached is the contents of my /mnt/home/data/spkg/packages/install/mnt/home/data/spkg/def-scripts after doing that. Am I right in doing so?
Sorry for bombarding you with these seemingly simple questions but I must say I am at my wits end so far.
Cheers.

simargl
Site Admin

Postby simargl » 08 Jun 2014, 11:27

smil99 wrote:Hi Sim, thanks for your assistance so far. Unfortunately, I still get stuck at step 2.2 where one has to compile linux-api-headers
with

command :(
Can you please let me know where (that is, in which folder) one has to use above command?

It must be run inside chroot, which directory is not important (can be any). Script will change to chroot as its last command. If you accidentally close that terminal you can change to chroot from another terminal with:

chroot /mnt/home/data/spkg/packages/install

Step 2.1 says:
Now copy spkg directory to chroot because it is needed to install spkg package manager inside chroot before you could start compiling. As before install it with:
CODE: SELECT ALL
make install

Do you mean one has to copy folder /root/alphaos/spkg to /mnt/home/data/spkg/packages/install?

Yes, and when you copy that directory you need to install spkg pm inside chroot with make install command. When inside chroot:

cd spkg
make install

Also step 2.2 says:
Now change to alphaos/def-scripts and copy all directories from 00_linux, 01_core and 04_devel to /mnt/home/data/spkg/def-scripts inside chroot. This folder should be there, already created by chroot_build script. Now everything is done inside chroot.

Do you mean one has to copy only the directories found in the mentioned folders to /mnt/home/data/spkg/packages/install/mnt/home/data/spkg/def-scripts? Attached is the contents of my /mnt/home/data/spkg/packages/install/mnt/home/data/spkg/def-scripts after doing that. Am I right in doing so?
Sorry for bombarding you with these seemingly simple questions but I must say I am at my wits end so far.
Cheers.

This is OK, now it will work.

smil99
Proficient

Postby smil99 » 09 Jun 2014, 22:56

Thanks. Will try again and report back asap.

Cheers.

smil99
Proficient

Postby smil99 » 05 Jul 2014, 00:04

Hi Sim,
Its unfortunate I still get stuck at phase 2.2 when trying to build alphaos :( .
Issuing

/mnt/home/data/spkg/packages/install
, gives

chroot: failed to run command '/usr/bin/bash': No such file or directory

Earlier on, I got the following error when I run

sh chroot_build min
inside folder alphaos/scripts

>> pacman_mirror_list
//root/alphaos/scripts/functions: line 66: install/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist: No such file or directory
//root/alphaos/scripts/functions: line 67: install/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat 'install/etc/pacman.conf': No such file or directory
sed: can't read install/etc/pacman.conf.tmp: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'install/etc/pacman.conf.tmp': No such file or directory
 >> pacman_signature_level
 >> adding_system_info_files
chroot: failed to run command '/usr/bin/bash': No such file or directory

I even copied /usr/bin/bash from alphaOS V15.2 to /mnt/home/data/spkg/packages/install/usr/bin but still get the error.
That might explain why I get Package NaME Is Not Valid when I run

in

/mnt/home/data/spkg/packages/install
Perhaps, I have to wait for your official release when a recent date for rollback mirror for Arch packages is used.
Cheers and thanks for your continuous support.

simargl
Site Admin

Postby simargl » 05 Jul 2014, 14:56

smill99, you have filesystem package in /mnt/home/data/alphaos/01_core/spkg/packages? is there /bin symlink pointing to /usr/bin in /mnt/home/data/spkg/packages/install? That could be what is missing. If not you may want pasting output of

find /mnt/home/data/alphaos -type f

to compare with list here. Cheers.

Edit: To compile filesystem package, copy def-scripts/01_core/filesystem from github repo to /mnt/home/data/spkg/def-scripts and type spkg -c filesystem.

smil99
Proficient

Postby smil99 » 08 Jul 2014, 01:47

Hi Sim,
Finally managed to compile the linux kernel after copying def-scripts/01_core/filesystem from github repo to /mnt/home/data/spkg/def-scripts and typing spkg -c filesystem :D
To compile packages from the 01_core group and the other groups, what commands must be used?
Cheers.

simargl
Site Admin

Postby simargl » 11 Jul 2014, 19:19

smil99 wrote:Hi Sim,
Finally managed to compile the linux kernel after copying def-scripts/01_core/filesystem from github repo to /mnt/home/data/spkg/def-scripts and typing spkg -c filesystem :D

That is good, means you've finished the most complicated part ;)

smil99 wrote:To compile packages from the 01_core group and the other groups, what commands must be used?
Cheers.

Manually copying all packages from a group to /mnt/home/data/spkg/def-scripts inside chroot and compile one by one with spkg -c pkgname. Or use shortcut like: for i in $(ls); do spkg -c $i; done

anonymous2
Apprentice

Postby anonymous2 » 20 Sep 2014, 22:42

I have a problem with the chroot_build at start of Phase 2.
I get the following output:

cp: cannot stat ‘/mnt/home/data/alphaos/01_core/spkg/packages/*’: Not a directory
cp: cannot stat ‘/mnt/home/data/alphaos/04_devel/spkg/packages/*’: No such file or directory

... it extracts the pakages as it should ...

mknod: ‘install/dev/console’: No such file or directory
mknod: ‘install/dev/null’: No such file or directory
mknod: ‘install/dev/zero’: No such file or directory
mknod: ‘install/dev/ptmx’: No such file or directory
mknod: ‘install/dev/tty’: No such file or directory
mknod: ‘install/dev/random’: No such file or directory
mknod: ‘install/dev/urandom’: No such file or directory
 >> pacman_mirror_list
 >> pacman_signature_level
 >> adding_system_info_files
chroot: failed to run command ‘/bin/bash’: No such file or directory

When I look at my /mnt/home/data/spkg/packages/install directory I find that there is indeed no dev and also no bin directory there. Now I guess from the remark by simargl a few posts up, that bin ought to be a symlink but what about dev ? Can I fix this by putting the right symlinks there? If it helps I can post my steps so far since I have written a shell script for doing them anyway.

simargl
Site Admin

Postby simargl » 21 Sep 2014, 12:14

You're missing package filesystem for 01_core group. (same like smil99 few comments above)
viewtopic.php?p=3043#p3043
anonymous2 wrote:[code]
cp: cannot stat ‘/mnt/home/data/alphaos/01_core/spkg/packages/*’: Not a directory

In this dir you'd place that package...

Return to “Scripting and Programming”