init

Post your comments, questions, bug reports or suggest new features for alphaOS
Scooby
Site Admin

init

Postby Scooby » 16 Sep 2013, 20:05

I have been sniffing around init-script contained in initrd.gz when implementing iso-scan.

I may have found a bug?

line: 1126

Code: Select all

RECORDLIST="$SAVEFILENAMEONLY $AFACTOR $SFSFILENAMEONLY $EXTRASFSLIST $ZFACTOR"

Since you exchanged ZDRV for BDRV in alphaos this leeds me to believe ZFACTOR should be changed to BFACTOR

Alphaos doesnt use BDRV(ZDRV) in its current form so nothing is broken but should be changed.

...and also a request for a feature in alphaOS

I would want savefiles to be named after AlphaOS version. example alphasave11.2fs for alphaos11

I run different versions of AlphaOS and would want them to recognize their own savefile.

Will soon upgrade to AlphaOS11...

simargl
Site Admin

Re: init

Postby simargl » 16 Sep 2013, 21:54

Scooby wrote:I have been sniffing around init-script contained in initrd.gz when implementing iso-scan.

I may have found a bug?

line: 1126

RECORDLIST="$SAVEFILENAMEONLY $AFACTOR $SFSFILENAMEONLY $EXTRASFSLIST $ZFACTOR"

Yes, that looks like a bug for me too, although even with that BDRIVE worked correctly when I tested. I'll change that line, thanks.
Scooby wrote:...and also a request for a feature in alphaOS

I would want savefiles to be named after AlphaOS version. example alphasave11.2fs for alphaos11

I run different versions of AlphaOS and would want them to recognize their own savefile.

I would not like to edit init script before every new release, that would kind of complicate things (now I only need to change DISTRO_SPECS), and users would also need to rename save file every time. If you don't want save file to be loaded, some boot codes could be useful like pfix=ram, or adding psubdir to search for save file just in that one directory.

Scooby
Site Admin

Re: init

Postby Scooby » 17 Sep 2013, 18:59

1)
simargl wrote:pfixs=ram

doesnt let me run AlphaOS10 and AlphaOS11 with a savefile for each!

2)
simargl wrote:psubdir

With psubdir set init looks for alpha_XX.sfs and ADRV, BDRV in that dir as well.
Doesnt works so well for iso-booting, you would have to extract sfs-files to that dir.
(this could be used with my iso-scan implementation[after an edit])

3.)
simargl wrote:I would not like to edit init script before every new release, that would kind of complicate things (now I only need to change DISTRO_SPECS)

You wouldn't need to change the init-script only change(for AlphaOS11)

DISTRO_FILE_PREFIX='alpha'

DISTRO_FILE_PREFIX='alpha11'

in both occurances of the file DISTRO_SPECS residing in initrd.gz and alpha_11.sfs

4)
simargl wrote:users would also need to rename save file

Fair enough, My wants may not comply with the general needs!

Return to “General Discussion”