Thank you

Post your comments, questions, bug reports or suggest new features for alphaOS
dkuchay

Thank you

Postby dkuchay » 12 Dec 2014, 01:06

Thank you for making AlphaOS and again making it available to the public. Set out recently to make a live arch model without knowing Alpha existed. Tried it out on a AMD C-50 based computer, a satellite C655D S5234. Mind you its an odd hardware set but I could not get wifi to work along with ethernet dying after a few minutes. I have a rtl wifi based and looking at init the module is not in the build. Every other reboot the screen would get fuzzy and click sounds would come through the speakers after a few minutes of being up. Tried acpi=off parameter but then there was no keyboard input. My goal is to make a XBMC or Kodi live thumb stick based on arch that I can demo from with pvr functions working. Its not a good idea to start on amd with this build but thats what I have.

One question I could not find a clear answer on is weather or not one can use makepkg on AlphaOS?

Thank you again. Looking forward to next release!

Scooby
Site Admin

Re: Thank you

Postby Scooby » 12 Dec 2014, 14:59

dkuchay wrote:One question I could not find a clear answer on is weather or not one can use makepkg on AlphaOS?

Yes since makesb works on AUR which utilize makepkg
makepkg works on AlphaOS

zzzzzmman

Re: Thank you

Postby zzzzzmman » 09 Jan 2015, 12:00

ya thanks for the current and advance thanks for you upcoming release keep it up
Our complete set of ccna practice test 200-120 test questions and ccna ccnp - pass-4sure study guides you in exact way so you will pass your real 70-646 exam security+ practice test with flying colors of mcsa training.

Return to “General Discussion”