firefox, gtk3, aur - makepkg - pkgbuild, localtime

Post your comments, questions, bug reports or suggest new features for alphaOS
Anniekin
Competent

firefox, gtk3, aur - makepkg - pkgbuild, localtime

Postby Anniekin » 07 Nov 2014, 04:23

I installed firefox and getting SSL certificate errors on every site, even mozilla.org, can't even install add-ons

I thought it was because the timezone was wrong and did the whole zoneinfo - localtime yet the errors persist despite rebooting into the correct time

I saw a post about gtk3 and firefox here and tried to install it from the AUR. Although still a linux newbie by any means, I have used Arch for a couple of years, and familiar with AUR installation. Pacman -S --needed base-devel installed. Unfortunately, this does not work either, aborting with a could not compile error. Could it be due to using a puppy like directory structure for /usr/local/bin?

I just want firefox to work please advise

Scooby
Site Admin

Re: firefox, gtk3, aur - makepkg - pkgbuild, localtime

Postby Scooby » 07 Nov 2014, 16:03

Anniekin wrote:I installed firefox and getting SSL certificate errors on every site, even mozilla.org, can't even install add-ons

There as a problem with split packages so checkout link below
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1189

load those .sb's and issue

Code: Select all

update-ca-certificates
in a terminal window

Anniekin wrote:I saw a post about gtk3 and firefox here and tried to install it from the AUR. Although still a linux newbie by any means, I have used Arch for a couple of years, and familiar with AUR installation. Pacman -S --needed base-devel installed. Unfortunately, this does not work either, aborting with a could not compile error. Could it be due to using a puppy like directory structure for /usr/local/bin?

When you've done the above, AUR will start to work so either

packer -S firefox

or

makesb firefox

simargl
Site Admin

Re: firefox, gtk3, aur - makepkg - pkgbuild, localtime

Postby simargl » 07 Nov 2014, 17:50

Anniekin wrote:I saw a post about gtk3 and firefox here and tried to install it from the AUR. Although still a linux newbie by any means, I have used Arch for a couple of years, and familiar with AUR installation. Pacman -S --needed base-devel installed. Unfortunately, this does not work either, aborting with a could not compile error.

For compiling packages from AUR you need to download and activate devel bundle from sourceforce. Installing base-devel group with pacman is not enough, because development files are moved from iso to this bundle (for saving some space).
Anniekin wrote:Could it be due to using a puppy like directory structure for /usr/local/bin?e

This system is based on Linux Live Kit, and Filesystem structure is same as in Arch, binaries in /usr/bin, /lib is symlink to /usr/lib etc.

Return to “General Discussion”