New web site style

Post your comments, questions, bug reports or suggest new features for alphaOS
john3voltas
Expert

Re: New web site

Postby john3voltas » 24 Oct 2014, 07:26

Scooby wrote:I share that eerie feeling, Maybe sim would be more inclined to stay on if alphaos got more followers?

I honestly don't know.
For starters, he seems to be more comfortable the way it is right now, managing the project all by himself. Which he still could do even if we had dozens of developers here...
On the other hand, I have seen this "movie" way too many times with other projects. Lack of user-base/fans/developers leading the lead-developer to abandon the project.

Scooby wrote:That's a sad sentiment, Would you go back to windows then?
I probably wouldn't, would try to find some lite linux without systemd
or maybe go BSD
Puppy could probably be altered to my needs

For starters, I don't think Puppy can ever be altered to my needs. It's got too much hacks on it. I prefer something more standard like alphaos.
Between windows (super hyper bloated) and linux (main distros very bloated) I would probably choose what is more standard, which is windows. PC-BSD (and the defunct desktopBSD) has been on my radar for almost a decade but it always seems to be one step behind regarding linux.

Scooby wrote:I think it is a matter of size. Isn't Qt a bit large?

I don't think Qt is so much larger than Gtk. On arch repos Gtk3 is 64.2MB and Qt4 is 83.2. These figures are without dependencies.
Besides, as far as I am aware, Sim had a version of alphaos ready to be launched which he only didn't because he didn't find an appropriate web browser based on Qt to cut on "Gtk dependencies".

simargl
Site Admin

Postby simargl » 25 Oct 2014, 09:31

I've started working on the new iso, with kernel 3.17.1 and arm date 2014/10/25, to update all applications and stuff as we like latest and greatest.

smil99
Proficient

Postby smil99 » 25 Oct 2014, 23:51

I've started working on the new iso, with kernel 3.17.1 and arm date 2014/10/25, ...

That will be most welcome :D. More grease to your coding elbows ;)

Cheers.

john3voltas
Expert

Postby john3voltas » 26 Oct 2014, 12:44

simargl wrote:I've started working on the new iso, with kernel 3.17.1 and arm date 2014/10/25, to update all applications and stuff as we like latest and greatest.

Excellent. Nothing like a system up-to-date.
Say, why don't you ever comment our posts regarding our concerns over alphaos's future?

simargl
Site Admin

Postby simargl » 09 Nov 2014, 14:49

I've updated phpBB forum software to latest 3.1.1. :D
list of changes on this site:
https://www.phpbb.com/about/launch/

Return to “General Discussion”