{New User}: How to Force savefile save

Post your comments, questions, bug reports or suggest new features for alphaOS
john3voltas
Expert

Re: {New User}: How to Force savefile save

Postby john3voltas » 21 Jul 2014, 23:28

So, does that mean that as soon as I run save-session alphaos mounts changes.fs4 and writes any changes to the file?

Scooby
Site Admin

Postby Scooby » 21 Jul 2014, 23:52

john3voltas wrote:So, does that mean that as soon as I run save-session alphaos mounts changes.fs4 and writes any changes to the file?

only if there exists file /tmp/savefile.txt ( that is savefile created in this session )

Code: Select all

if [ -f /tmp/savefile.txt ]; then

or

alphaos booted in "usbmode"

Code: Select all

if grep -q usbmode /proc/cmdline; then

In what state is alphaos when you are considering forcing a save?

john3voltas
Expert

Postby john3voltas » 22 Jul 2014, 00:34

I want to use it when for some reason I don't have a save file (I do that a lot because I install everything with makesb) and I create one just to save some settings on my profile. Like I just installed my web browser using makesb name_of_the_browser and I want to save my preferences so that they are persistent between reboots.
For that I create a save file changes.fs4 and I want it to receive the changes rightaway because right after that I want to run a makesb -f changes.fs4 so that my changes are saved in a module.
You see, if I don't use save-session I will have to reboot in order to have my preferences saved on the changes.fs4. Alpha boots in less than 30 seconds but it's still a tedious process ;)

Return to “General Discussion”