alphaOS 9.0 has been released!

Global announcements
simargl
Site Admin

alphaOS 9.0 has been released!

Postby simargl » 31 Jul 2013, 08:08

This is new alphaOS release 9.0 with kernel 3.10.3 and Arch packages from 2013/07/30. As in all versions before, pacman is setup to use Arch Rollback Machine and packages from this same date, thus providing more stability. Understandably frugal installation and using software modules, which is main difference in this compared to other Arch based distributions, is hard to combine with rolling release model and that is why fixed date for packages is used.

Pwireless is replaced with Frisbee in this version, since many users had problems with wireless connection in previous release. Thanks to smil99 for help with making needed adjustments in Frisbee scripts for this system. EUDev is upgraded to the latest stable version 1.1, equivalent to systemd 205. Simple radio player was rewritten in Vala programming language, and notifications support was greatly improved. New program included is kickshaw, simple and useful menu editor for the openbox window manager.

labbe5
Competent

Re: alphaOS 9.0 has been released!

Postby labbe5 » 31 Jul 2013, 17:57

Hi Simargl,

Thanks again for this new release. I haven't upgraded since Alpha OS 7.0, but i look forward to upgrade one of my favorite apps. : Digikam. If you happen to know that version 3.0 is already available in the repository, please let me know.

AlphaOS is one of the best.

simargl
Site Admin

Re: alphaOS 9.0 has been released!

Postby simargl » 31 Jul 2013, 21:30

Thank you, yes digikam 3.2.0 is now in Arch repos, so you can try it.

Code: Select all

[root@alphaos ~]# pacman -Ss digikam
extra/digikam 3.2.0-2
    Digital photo management application for KDE
extra/kipi-plugins 3.2.0-2
    A collection of plugins extending the KDE graphics and image applications as
    digiKam

Cheers!

Return to “Announcements”