- No Systemd or libSystemd is present in ISO
- vdev has replaced udev
- peasywifi has replaced connman
- Geany has replaced emendo as standard texteditor
- Terminals taeni, st and termite
- apacman has replaced packer as AUR helper of choice
- Startup script has been optimized
- makesb has been optimized
There is major changes under the hood compared to 16.1 version so I expect some bugs to crop up.
I have more ideas I want to incorporate into alphaOS but after carefull deliberation I decided to
go with what I have now cause it's been a while since last release.
EFI version of ISO will soon be availible
Alphaos home on sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/alphaos ... rce=navbar
alphaos_17.1-20150919-x86_64.iso Download here
Code: Select all
I recommend running with devel_17.sb loaded.
Also you might want linux_4.1.6_src.sb for kernel header files.
More packages from arch are now depending on systemd so you might
want to load systemd-dummy package if you want to avoid pulling in systemd
package. Download here
There is no browser included in ISO but if you want something to start with I offer: