v7.0 thanks for it

Global announcements
labbe5
Competent

v7.0 thanks for it

Postby labbe5 » 24 May 2013, 06:24

Hi,

An OS that can grow from 100mb to 3 or 4 gb, that is a feat. It is amazingly easy to fit Alpha OS to our needs. I found everything i hoped for in the new repository, and, what i can say? It is is even better than previous releases.

I used to be a user of Puppy Wary and some other derivatives. Very good OS for their size, multimedia codecs already integrated, that is a big thing for those who own only a computer for multimedia experience, but Puppy Wary and derivatives are not up to standard in regard to managing packages. Not enough apps and dependencies to fit our specific needs. Too much scattering around. If only active members of the Puppy community stayed together toward one goal : making Puppy Wary great, instead of creating one new Puppy after another. So much effort and energy spent on every direction possible. Barry and contributors are bright fellows that keep track on delivering good OS, year after year, though.

But, for the time being, i definitely prefer AlphaOS, i feel it is a kind of Puppy Wary on steroids, and i love it.

By the way, the gray design of v.7.0 is very attractive, indeed.

In my opinion, this change, in regard to the richness of the repository, is for the better.

Is a v.8.0 in the cards? It is so fast developing!

simargl
Site Admin

Re: v7.0 thanks for it

Postby simargl » 25 May 2013, 08:18

Thanks for your comment. :) Actually I returned to version 6.1 that was compiled from scratch with my package manager, updated some packages and use that one as main system. Version 7 is backup system and it's useful for easy testing some programs with heavy dependencies like webkit or kde, or maybe some big games. So alphaOS 7 will be actual for long time.

lvds
Apprentice

Re: v7.0 thanks for it

Postby lvds » 30 May 2013, 07:55

I did not see announcements at softpedia, not sure there is a page for AlphaOS...
Maybe you could request to their team. They are very responsive and there is a large community.

Best regards

Return to “Announcements”